About professional custom photography...
Custom photography is a personal service and requires an investment of trust in the person that will be working with your newborn/child.
This is not just paying for the actual photograph, you’re paying for time, expertise and investment that photographer has put into their business.
It’s not a newborn photo session that you’re paying for. It’s the hours spent before, prepping and designing a session to you.
– Setup, preparation, talking to the client, etc.
– 2 – 4 hours shooting the photos
– clear up, and wash all blankets/props/outfits
– load images onto a computer
– back up the files on an external drive
– 10 – 15 hours of Adobe Photoshop time, including cropping, contrast, color, sharpening, and backing up edited photographs (sometimes longer).
– 1 – 2 hours answer questions, receive order and payment, order their prints, receive and verify prints, package prints, schedule deliveries, and post.
I know that photography is an important investment because I am a mother. Sometimes I receive massage that it "you are so expensive". I am really not. I send lot of money for workshops, props. I must pay for public liability insurance, taxes, software, marketing materials, online marketing, wather, electricity, camera service ect.
All photographers have different styles, so that's why not everyone will choose the same Photographer. Make sure You chose your Photographer because you love their work not because they may be cheaper. Remember that Photographer is creating your memories which you will keep forever. And also remember: “Cheap no good, good no cheap".